What is required to work in the USA


The American dream is one many want to share. Unfortunately, the USA is hard for foreign nationals to gain entry to. However, there are some ways you can get a visa to work in the US.

If you’re not a US citizen, you’ll need a work visa and permit, also known as an Employment Authorisation Document. There are many types of visas available, depending on the type of work you’ll be doing.

Temporary Work

Workers seeking temporary employment are given a visa allowing them entry to the country for a specified period. They are also restricted to the purpose their temporary visa was obtained for.

Permanent Work

If someone is offered permanent employment in the US, they’ll be given a work visa allowing them to live and work in the country.

How To Get An Employment Authorisation Document

You’ll need an EAD to work in the US and your eligibility depends on whether you fall into one of the groups of foreign nationals:

  • Students seeking specific types of employment

  • Refugees

  • Asylum seekers

  • Nationals with TPS (Temporary Protected Status), due to poor conditions in their country.

  • Spouses of US citizens

Many people can also find employment opportunities in the US and obtain a visa to allow them to live and work in the country. There are some jobs that are in high demand and foreign nationals can apply to move to the USA due to their skills. You can find more information and EAD forms on the citizenship and immigration website.


User Review
0 (0 votes)

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *